Homemade Gravadlax Cure with Dill Sauce
A Christmas special, our Gravadlax Cure with Dill Sauce.
For the Cure
1 x salmon fillet (1kg fillet side)
1 fennel bulb (or 1 bunch of dill)
28g of black pepper
250g of sea salt
125g of sugar
125g of demerara sugar
Salt and Pepper
1 bunch of fresh dill
- Firstly, grate the beetroot and fennel into a bowl.
- Add black pepper and equal quantities of salt and sugar and mix.
- Add to a plastic bag along with the salmon. Leave in the fridge for 48 hours to marinade but can leave in longer if needed.
- For the Gravadlax sauce, mix the mustard, cider vinegar and oil. Finely chop your dill, add to the sauce along with a teaspoon of honey.
- Once your Gravadlax has cured, 48 hours later, cover the top with mustard.
- Finish by covering finely chopped dill.
- Slice, serve with the gravadlax sauce and enjoy!