Pigs in Blankets with Apple and Chestnuts
It's truly not Christmas without them! Our pigs in blankets served with caramelised apples and chestnuts.
4 rashers of streaky bacon
2 apple cut into thick slices
200g cooked and peeled chestnuts
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1tsp whole grain mustard
1. Take the chipolatas and halve them by squeezing the middle and cutting them in two.
2. Lay out the streaky bacon on your chopping board, using the back of a knife, stretch the bacon to roughly double in length.
3. Wrap the sausage 1 1/2 times over with the bacon, cutting the excess and saving for the next chipolata.
4. Add the pigs in blankets to a pan, along with the apple slices and chestnuts, continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until everything is nicely browned.
5. Add the honey, whole-grain mustard and cider vinegar. Cook until beautifully glazed.
Serve piping hot.